3. As of noon trading, Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold ( FCX) is up $0.64 (2.3%) to $28.25 on average volume. Thus far, 8.7 million shares of Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 20.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $27.91-$28.75 after having opened the day at $28.62 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.61. Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. engages in the exploration of mineral resource properties. The company primarily explores for copper, gold, molybdenum, cobalt, silver, and other metals, such as rhenium and magnetite. Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold has a market cap of $25.9 billion and is part of the metals & mining industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.6, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 19.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Get the full Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts