4. As of noon trading, Occidental Petroleum Corporation ( OXY) is up $0.85 (0.9%) to $90.08 on light volume. Thus far, 1.1 million shares of Occidental Petroleum Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.9 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $89.70-$90.60 after having opened the day at $89.92 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $89.23. Occidental Petroleum Corporation engages in the exploration and production of oil and gas properties in the United States and internationally. The company operates in three segments: Oil and Gas; Chemical; and Midstream, Marketing and Other. Occidental Petroleum Corporation has a market cap of $72.8 billion and is part of the energy industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.9, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 16.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Occidental Petroleum Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Occidental Petroleum Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, increase in stock price during the past year and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full Occidental Petroleum Corporation Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts