W. P. Carey (NYSE: WPC) shares currently have a dividend yield of 5.00%. W. P. Carey Inc. is an independent equity real estate investment trust. The firm also provides long-term sale-leaseback and build-to-suit financing for companies. It invests in the real estate markets across the globe. The company has a P/E ratio of 63.32 The average volume for W. P. Carey has been 297,100 shares per day over the past 30 days W. P. Carey has a market cap of $4.6 billion and is part of the real estate industry Shares are up 26.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday TheStreet Ratings rates W. P. Carey as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- WPC's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 7.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 66.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, WPC's share price has jumped by 47.88%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, WPC should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 15.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $12.29 million to $14.18 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 530.41% to $17.48 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, W P CAREY INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -0.16%.
- The gross profit margin for W P CAREY INC is currently very high, coming in at 79.60%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, WPC's net profit margin of 12.50% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full W. P. Carey Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts