5 Sell-Rated Dividend Stocks: AMID, ALTV, LRE, TEU, AT
Alteva (NASDAQ: ALTV) shares currently have a dividend yield of 11.00%. Alteva, Inc. provides cloud-based unified communications solutions for small, medium, and enterprise businesses. The average volume for Alteva has been 18,700 shares per day over the past 30 days Alteva has a market cap of $60.3 million and is part of the telecommunications industry Shares are down 9.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday TheStreet Ratings rates Alteva as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and generally high debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Diversified Telecommunication Services industry and the overall market, ALTEVA's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Even though the current debt-to-equity ratio is 1.18, it is still below the industry average, suggesting that this level of debt is acceptable within the Diversified Telecommunication Services industry. Despite the fact that ALTV's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 0.61 is low and demonstrates weak liquidity.
- ALTV has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 24.74% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- ALTEVA has improved earnings per share by 31.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ALTEVA reported poor results of -$1.67 versus -$0.54 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.09 versus -$1.67).
- The gross profit margin for ALTEVA is rather high; currently it is at 51.10%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -10.76% is in-line with the industry average.
- You can view the full Alteva Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV