NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The beginning of the month always brings the big nonfarm payrolls report. TheStreet's Brittany Umar, Lindsey Bell and Andrew Krill have details on what else is happening during this holiday-shortened week.
Most of the action begins Tuesday, with monthly sales figures from Ford (F) and other automakers kicking things off.
Krill said that he expects to see strong numbers from Ford and expects the seasonally adjusted annual rate for industrywide auto sales to be around 15.3 million units or higher.
Also on Tuesday, Constellation Brands (STZ) plans to report earnings. The company is the world's largest producer of premium wine and the third largest beer distributor in the U.S.International Speedway (ISCA) plans to report earnings on Wednesday. Investors will be anxious to hear about the Daytona International Speedway redevelopment, which is expected to begin on July 5. Also on Wednesday is the trade report, due out before the bell. The data are usually watched for trends in the overall trade balance. Even with the shortened trading day on Wednesday, when the U.S. stock market will close at 1:00 p.m. EDT, and with the markets being closed on Thursday for the holiday, investors will still be focused on Friday, when the nonfarm payrolls report for the month of June will be released. Krill added that analysts are looking for 165,000 new jobs to be added to the economy and that the unemployment rate will stay flat from last month, at 7.5%. To view Brittany Umar's Week Ahead video, click here At the time of publication, Action Alerts PLUS, which Jim Cramer manages as a charitable trust, owned shares of Ford F. The Stocks Under $10 portfolio owned BLDR, which was mentioned in the video. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. . Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV