Huntington Ingalls Industries Inc Stock Upgraded (HII)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 29.85% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 43.81% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, HII should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- HUNTINGTON INGALLS IND INC has improved earnings per share by 29.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HUNTINGTON INGALLS IND INC turned its bottom line around by earning $2.91 versus -$1.96 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.87 versus $2.91).
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Aerospace & Defense industry and the overall market, HUNTINGTON INGALLS IND INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- HII, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 14.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.4%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Aerospace & Defense industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 33.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $33.00 million to $44.00 million.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts