TARRYTOWN, N.Y., July 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Summer is officially here, and for many Americans that means loading up the car and taking a road trip. Unfortunately, for many, spending time in the car can lead to motion sickness, a common condition that affects millions of people and results in nausea, vomiting, dizziness and fatigue. In a recent survey conducted by Dramamine®, more than half of respondents (54 percent) said they suffer from motion sickness at least sometimes, with three out of five (60 percent) indicating that they most often suffer while riding as a passenger in a car. Although most – 86 percent – agree that motion sickness is an unpleasant condition that can spoil travel plans, nearly half (46 percent) admit that they have no idea how to prevent it.
To help ensure worry-free travel this summer and beyond, Dramamine® has launched the Road Warrior Alliance at www.roadwarrioralliance.com, an aggregation of educational information and expert advice, where consumers can also request a free sample of Dramamine®*.
The Dramamine® Road Warrior Alliance features two leading experts – Mark Savant, M.D., of Savant Wellness, a San Francisco-based concierge medical practice focused on personal care and prevention, and Colleen Lanin, travel expert, author and founder of TravelMamas.com.
"Motion sickness is very common, but most people don't do anything to prevent or treat it, or treat it with ineffective methods," said Dr. Savant. "Many sufferers wait until it starts, but the key in avoiding motion sickness is to prevent it by taking an over-the-counter motion sickness relief product like Dramamine® 30 minutes to an hour before travel."Lanin adds that preparation, whether taking a day trip to an amusement park, a weekend at the beach or a cross-country journey, is an important part of a successful trip.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV