- Mobile Bill Payment – Aite Group estimates that mobile bill payments initiated via bank sites will grow significantly between 2012 and 2016, representing 20 percent of all consolidated bill payments by 2016. These estimates align with Fiserv research showing rising use of mobile bill payments. According to the 2012 Fiserv Billing Household Survey, 8 percent of online households - representing 8 million total households - paid at least one monthly bill via a mobile device, up from 6 percent in 2011.
- E-Bill Adoption – Aite Group also predicts strong growth in e-bill distribution, although from a small base, with the number of e-bills delivered expected to reach 418 million in 2016. Growth could accelerate over the next few years due to several large banks beginning to offer e-bills in the next 12 to 24 months, along with greater availability of e-bills from processors and factors such as biller commitment and consumer awareness. According to Aite, Fiserv is the clear leader in e-bill distribution, with a 94 percent market share and serving more than 3,300 banks and credit unions. The majority of the top 10 U.S. financial institutions have e-bill relationships with Fiserv. Furthermore, 97 percent of e-bills from Fiserv were data-fed, featuring billing data provided directly from the biller, which yields a superior quality, more reliable e-bill.
Fiserv Holds Leadership Position Among Electronic Bill Payment Providers According To Aite Group
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.