Spacenet Inc. ®, a wholly owned subsidiary of Gilat Satellite Networks Ltd. (Nasdaq: GILT) and a leading provider of managed network and data security services announced today an enhanced suite of integrated Wi-Fi services. Spacenet’s Tiered Wi-Fi services provide a centralized approach to in-store Wi-Fi enabling the retailer to select the level of services needed for their specific retail environment.
From basic planning and installation to comprehensive management, monitoring, maintenance and security services, Spacenet Tiered Wi-Fi services help retailers provide fast, reliable, accessible and secure Wi-Fi services throughout each store. This integrated approach enables the retailer to benefit from a full-featured Wi-Fi service while providing its customers with an enhanced Guest Wi-Fi user experience that is uniform across all stores. “Analysts estimate that Wi-Fi will account for nearly half of total network access by 2015 so it’s crucial that retailers develop an integrated and secure Wi-Fi strategy,” said Spacenet CEO Glenn Katz. “Wi-Fi helps retailers run stores more efficiently and with greater flexibility. Today consumers expect Wi-Fi access and look to retailers to empower their mobile devices to help them make easier and smarter purchases.
“As a managed network services provider our job is to make Wi-Fi implementation and management an integrated part of the retailer’s overall network strategy, while maintaining network security. We’ve deployed and integrated thousands of Wi-Fi nodes for our retail customers, and one thing is abundantly clear: Providing a single point-of-contact for the WAN, LAN and WLAN allows the retailer to provide its customers with a secure, reliable and consistent guest Wi-Fi experience. This intelligently integrated approach takes the worry out of Wi-Fi deployment,” concluded Mr. Katz.
Spacenet Tiered Wi-Fi services are available in the following levels:
- Spacenet Rogue Wi-Fi Detection Services. PCI DSS standards include requirements for securing retailer-provided wireless technologies. However, PCI compliance also requires retailers NOT operating Wi-Fi services to periodically scan their networks for rogue Wi-Fi devices that may have been surreptitiously deployed within their stores. Whether or not the retailer provides guest Wi-Fi, Spacenet Rogue Wi-Fi Detection services provide the tools and techniques to detect and report rogue Wi-Fi devices on the network to support PCI compliance.
- Spacenet Wi-Fi Professional Services include installation of access points to ensure secure access, enhanced coverage and a more rewarding guest Wi-Fi experience, configuration management as well as ongoing monitoring of the service. As part of the on-site installation, a heat map detailing optimal coverage throughout the store is created.
- Spacenet Wi-Fi Premium Services include all the features of Rogue Wi-Fi Detection services and Wi-Fi Professional services, and adds Wi-Fi deployment pre-planning, monitoring of surrounding access points, trouble alerts and PCI Reporting.
- Spacenet’s Data Analytics Package is optional and provides an in-depth view of shopper metrics. The Data Analytics package bridges the gap between retailer knowledge of an on-line customer and the lack of knowledge of a traditional “brick and mortar” customer by monitoring inside and outside traffic levels (opportunity), engagement, bounce rate, loyalty and other typical customer behavior metrics. By adding this option, retailers can augment the data they are already collecting from their e-commerce and mobile platforms for a more complete view of omni-channel shopping behavior.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV