SAN MATEO, Calif., July 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Marketo, (NASDAQ: MKTO) has been named by the Online Trust Alliance to the 2013 Online Trust Honor Roll for demonstrating exceptional data protection, privacy and security in an effort to better protect their customers and brand and to elevate their trust level.
"Consumers are trading billions of pieces of personal data in exchange for desired services. They rely on the integrity of the businesses collecting and storing this information to protect them," said Craig Spiezle, president and executive director of the Online Trust Alliance. "We are very pleased with the voluntary level of adoption many consumer-facing websites implemented this year that went above and beyond baseline compliance.""At Marketo, our customers' security and privacy are of the utmost importance. We make sure their data is safe so they can focus on what's most important to them – increasing consumer engagement and marketing's impact on revenue," said Sanjay Dholakia, CMO of Marketo. "We are honored to be recognized as a security leader for the second year in a row by the Online Trust Alliance — not only for safeguarding our customer data, but for guiding marketers to become trusted stewards of their customers' data." Only a third of the companies reviewed made the Honor Roll, including Marketo. The report indicates that company size and/or sales are not true measures of the level of security and privacy a company implements. "All companies are equally evaluated by the same criterion regardless of size. We have seen large e-retailers with significant sales fail to make the Honor Roll; conversely we have seen small to mid-size companies taking top grades," said Spiezle.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV