OCEANPORT, N.J., July 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) – CommVault announced today that Forrester Research, Inc. named CommVault a leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Backup Software, Q2 2013. The Forrester Wave is an objective methodology that evaluates vendors on current offering, strategy and market presence, against pre-defined evaluation criteria. CommVault is top ranked in the current offering category for Simpana 10 software, scoring 4.45 points out of a possible five. According to Forrester, "CommVault excels with an integrated platform. CommVault's primary strategy centers on providing a single platform for backup, recovery, continuity, archive and other data management and protection strategies. The 17-year old company uses its relative youth to its advantage, touting a modern approach to data protection."
Additional highlights from the Forrester report include:
- CommVault received among the highest scores for its corporate and product strategy, earning 4.5 out of five points.
- The Forrester Wave report also stated, "CommVault touts its simplicity and unified platform...Areas of strength for CommVault include its deduplication capabilities and cloud-target integrations, as well as hypervisor and application capabilities. The company also received high marks in the professional services and consulting area, which is a newly expanded offering for CommVault."
Based on its Solving Forward ® philosophy, CommVault's innovative data and information management solutions go beyond IT-centric functions of backup, archive, replication and snapshot management to address broad business needs. From a single platform, Simpana® 10 provides secure, self-service access from mobile devices to all current and historical data created by an organization – from servers to laptops, in the data center and the cloud – and empowers workers with compliance search, data mining and reporting. More than 300 software features combine to reduce risk, slash storage-related costs by up to 50 percent, and reduce administrative overhead by up to 80 percent, enabling customers to get ahead of mobility, cloud and big data initiatives while staying within budgets.
Customers and industry experts recognize the value of this singular software approach as CommVault continues to receive top industry honors and gain market share. According to Forrester, "CommVault continues to see rapid growth, nearly doubling its customer base during the past four years."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV