Cypress Semiconductor Corp. (Nasdaq: CY) today released new components for PSoC ® Creator™ 2.2, the integrated design environment (IDE) for Cypress’s PSoC 3, PSoC 4 and PSoC 5LP programmable system-on-chip architectures. The Component Pack 6 update includes four new PSoC Components™—pre-verified “virtual chips” represented by an icon—that users can drag-and-drop into a design and configure to suit a broad array of application requirements. Leveraging PSoC's hardware programmability, the update delivers new peripheral functions to existing PSoC devices, speeding time-to-market while adding differentiation to end-products. Developers can download Component Pack 6 and PSoC Creator 2.2 free of charge at www.cypress.com/Creator.
Component Pack 6 adds the following new capabilities for PSoC customers:
- Software Transmit UART: Provides a simple transmit Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter that does not consume hardware digital resources.
- Emulated EEPROM: Simplifies access to non-volatile memory, preserving data without having to add dedicated Electrically Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory to a product’s bill of materials.
- Segment/Matrix LED Driver: Enables fast prototyping of displays.
- SC/CT Comparator: Enables Switched-Capacitor/Continuous-Time hardware blocks to be used as comparators.
“Component Pack 6 is another example of how Cypress is continually adding new functionality to PSoC,” said John Weil, Senior Director of PSoC Marketing and Applications for Cypress. “We take customer feedback into consideration in planning our new PSoC Components, with the goal of empowering those same customers to design truly differentiated products that they can quickly bring to market.”
PSoC Creator is more than merely an IDE. In addition to a robust compiler and programmer, it allows users to configure PSoC programmable hardware into a custom one-chip solution. It includes a rich library of over 100 pre-verified, production-ready analog and digital PSoC Components.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV