Statoil has been active in US shale plays since 2008. Besides its activity in the Eagle Ford, Statoil holds significant positions in the Marcellus and the Bakken plays. Production from these positions is a strong contributor to Statoil's North American growth strategy, where the ambition is to produce more than 500,000 boe/d in 2020. Statoil's global ambition is to produce 2.5 million boe/d in 2020.
Statoil is an international energy company with operations in 35 countries. Building on 40 years of experience from oil and gas production on the Norwegian continental shelf, we are committed to accommodating the world's energy needs in a responsible manner, applying technology and creating innovative business solutions. Statoil is headquartered in Stavanger, Norway with approx. 23,000 employees worldwide, and is listed on the New York and Oslo stock exchanges.
In North America, Statoil is established with US offices in Houston and Austin, Texas; Stamford, Connecticut; Anchorage, Alaska; Williston, North Dakota and Washington DC and Canadian offices in Calgary, Alberta and St. Johns, Newfoundland and Labrador. The company also owns and operates the South Riding Point crude oil terminal in the Bahamas and has a representative office in Mexico City, Mexico.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV