Bemis Company, Inc. (NYSE-BMS) today announced that it has acquired all of the common stock of Foshan New Changsheng Plastics Films Co., LTD (NCS), a specialty film manufacturer located in Foshan, China. Details of the transaction were not disclosed. This transaction is not expected to impact Bemis’ earnings per share guidance for 2013.
“The NCS acquisition represents an important step in our growth strategy by establishing a Bemis film platform for the Asia-Pacific region,” said Henry Theisen, President and Chief Executive Officer of Bemis Company, Inc. “NCS has strong customer relationships and expertise in specialty film manufacturing for food packaging, personal care packaging, consumer electronics and specialty applications. Their newly expanded manufacturing facilities will also be capable of manufacturing film for sensitive medical device and pharmaceutical applications. With this new specialty film platform, we are well positioned to increase our market position in the Asia-Pacific region.”
ABOUT BEMIS COMPANY, INC.
Bemis Company, Inc. is a major supplier of packaging and pressure sensitive materials used by leading food, consumer products, healthcare, and other companies worldwide. Founded in 1858, Bemis Company is included in the S&P 500 index of stocks and reported 2012 net sales of $5.1 billion. Bemis has a strong technical base in polymer chemistry, film extrusion, coating and laminating, printing, and converting. Headquartered in Neenah, Wisconsin, Bemis employs approximately 20,000 individuals worldwide. More information about Bemis is available at our website,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV