Genzyme, a Sanofi company (EURONEXT: SAN and NYSE: SNY), today announced that the first international meeting focused on bone disease in patients with Gaucher disease will take place July 5 and 6 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. This meeting will bring together over 100 physicians and researchers from around the world, with the goal of improving clinical care and shaping the future direction of research specific to bone disease.
Sponsored by Genzyme, this meeting is chaired by Pramod Mistry, MD, PhD, Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics and the Director of National Gaucher Disease Treatment Center at Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut.
Among the topics for discussion:
- Pathophysiology of bone disease in Gaucher disease
- Biomarkers and bone turnover markers
- Radiological assessment of bone disease
- Management of bone disease in children and adults
“Impaired bone health is widely recognized as one of the major contributors to reduced quality of life in patients with Gaucher disease,” said Genzyme’s Head of Rare Diseases, Rogerio Vivaldi, MD. “This meeting brings together in Rio international experts from across a wide array of scientific and clinical disciplines to learn about the latest research, share experiences, and foster new collaborative relationships.”About Genzyme, a Sanofi Company Genzyme has pioneered the development and delivery of transformative therapies for patients affected by rare and debilitating diseases for over 30 years. We accomplish our goals through world-class research and with the compassion and commitment of our employees. With a focus on rare diseases and multiple sclerosis, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of the patients and families we serve. This goal guides and inspires us every day. Genzyme’s portfolio of transformative therapies, which are marketed in countries around the world, represents groundbreaking and life-saving advances in medicine. As a Sanofi company, Genzyme benefits from the reach and resources of one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies, with a shared commitment to improving the lives of patients. Learn more at www.genzyme.com. About Sanofi Sanofi, an integrated global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients’ needs. Sanofi has core strengths in the field of healthcare with seven growth platforms: diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets, animal health and the new Genzyme. Sanofi is listed in Paris (EURONEXT: SAN) and in New York (NYSE: SNY).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV