The weekly chart for the yield on the 10-year Treasury (2.488%) shows that the trend of the decline in yields that began in mid-2007 became the 200-week simple moving average. This moving average trend was tested and held last week at 2.576%. My new semiannual value level is 3.227% with my annual pivot at 2.476% and annual risky level at 1.981%.
Chart Courtesy of Thomson/Reuters
A way to trade the Treasury market is via the iShares 20+ Year Treasury Bond (TLT) ($110.44) which stayed above its 200-week SMA at $107.17 at last week's low at $107.76. This week's value level is $106.47 with a monthly pivot at $111.73, an annual pivot at $116.26 and an annual risky level at $120.42.
The Comex Gold Bubble Will Not Re-inflate. Comex gold futures plunged below its 200-week SMA during the week of April 20, after being above this key moving average since February 2002. Last week the precious metal tested a multi-year low at $1179.4. With this year's collapse the weekly chart for gold has become extremely oversold. Last week's close at $1,223.7 is just above this week's pivot at $1,220.5 with a new monthly pivot at $1,289.4, and my annual pivot remains at $1,599.9.
Chart Courtesy of Thomson/Reuters One way to trade gold is the SPDR Gold Trust (GLD) ($119.11). My weekly pivot is $117.76 with a monthly pivot at $124.65 and annual and quarterly risky levels at $153.45 and $154.88. During last week's weakness for gold, Kinross Gold (KGC) ($5.10) was upgraded to buy from hold according to ValuEngine. This stock has become 65.2% undervalued after trading as low as $4.53 on June 26. My new monthly value level is $4.59 with a weekly risky level at $5.82 and a new semiannual risky level at $6.23. This stock was trading at $6.48 when it was downgraded to hold from buy on June 4.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV