NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Friday's closes were also monthly, quarterly and semiannual closes and thus we have new longer term value levels, pivots and risky levels for U.S. Treasury yields, Comex gold, Nymex crude oil, and the euro vs. the dollar.
Four of my investment themes for the teenage years of the new millennium are that the low yield environment will continue, that the gold and crude oil bubbles will not re-inflate and that the euro vs. the dollar will remain in a trading range.
Comments by Fed Chief Ben Bernanke at his press conference following the June 19 FOMC were a game changer in my opinion. The idea that the amount of U.S. Treasuries and agency mortgage backed securities bought under QE3 and QE4 could begin a tapering process later this year set off a wave of volatility. Long term yields rose, gold prices crashed, crude oil slipped into a trading range and the dollar strengthened.
Last week several Fed officials chimed in with the call that money printing or papering would continue into 2014. This stabilized the markets setting in place trading ranges as the debate continues on tapering or papering.Today I will evaluate the risk/reward for these markets for July and the rest of 2013. I will also provide buy-and-trade levels for trading ETFs or stocks that represents these markets. Later today I will post the effects of tapering or papering on the five major equity averages. Here are updates for four of my themes for the teenage years of the new millennium for these markets:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV