KIEV, Ukraine and PARIS, July 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) and Intertelecom, the first national CDMA operator in Ukraine, today announced the successful completion of an Internet Protocol/Multiprotocol Label Switching-based mobile backhaul solution throughout the country. The project was launched in 2011.
Alcatel-Lucent's IP/MPLS-based mobile backhaul solution enables Intertelecom to meet current needs for scalable, cost-efficient and fully managed IP-based transport network that can also evolve and retain customers by offering a high quality consumer experience.
- Alcatel-Lucent IP/MPLS-based mobile backhaul solution offers a converged, scalable all-IP network allowing dynamic service creation and delivery at the lowest cost-per-bit, while paving the way for evolution to 4G LTE.
- Intertelecom can now react to demands on bandwidth with cell sites in optimum locations.
- Increased network capacity supports high-bandwidth data applications, enabling Intertelecom to offer the highest quality and most advanced mobile services.
- Alcatel-Lucent has deployed its 7750 Service Router (SR) and 7210 Service Aggregation Switch (SAS-M) along with the Alcatel-Lucent 5620 Service Aware Manager (SAM) and provided a range of other services, like high and low level network design, configuration and integration.
Quotes:Boris Akulov, General Director Intertelecom, said: "Having modernized our transport infrastructure with the help of Alcatel-Lucent, we prepared our network for evolution to LTE, launch of next generation communication and data services to meet end-user demand. Alexey Khakhlyuk, Head of Alcatel-Lucent Ukraine, Georgia and Armenia said: "This project continues longstanding relationship with Intertelecom. The fact that Alcatel-Lucent was selected for this important network transformation project underscores the confidence in our ability to economically and efficiently upgrade Intertelecom's infrastructure to meet future market demands in terms of bandwidth, provision of sophisticated IP-services and enhanced mobile experience." ABOUT INTERTELECOMOJSC Intertelecom is the first national CDMA operator.The operator provides mobile, fixed communications, roaming, mobile 3G internet access based on CDMA EVDO Rev.A and CDMA EVDO rev.B technologies in all regions of Ukraine. Using CDMA standard, Intertelecom has significant advantages, i.e. high quality of communication and high data transmission rates as well as confidentiality and ecological safety of communication. To secure the highest standards of services and convenience for its clients, the operator develops a network of Client Service Centers and a dealer's network. The Client Service Centers are located in all regional cities. The active work of the operator is focused not only on the presence in regional centers and densely-populated regions but also in rural areas, and ensuring coverage along main transport routes of Ukraine.As of now the subscriber base of Intertelecom makes up more than 1 mln subscribers.Site of the company www.intertelecom.ua. About Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) The long-trusted partner of service providers, enterprises and governments around the world, Alcatel-Lucent is a leading innovator in the field of networking and communications technology, products and services. The company is home to Bell Labs, one of the world's foremost research centers, responsible for breakthroughs that have shaped the networking and communications industry. Alcatel-Lucent innovations are regularly recognized by international institutions for their positive impact on society. In 2012 and for the second year running, Alcatel-Lucent was named one of the Thomson Reuters Top 100 Global Innovators, recognition for the company's continued addition to its world-class patent portfolio, one of the largest in the telecom industry. Alcatel-Lucent has also been recognized for its sustainability performance. In 2012 the company was ranked Technology Supersector Leader by the Dow Jones Sustainability Index. Through its innovations, Alcatel-Lucent is making communications more sustainable, more affordable and more accessible as we pursue our mission of Realizing the Potential of a Connected World. With operations throughout the world, Alcatel-Lucent is a local partner with global reach. The Company achieved revenues of Euro 14.4 billion in 2012 and is incorporated in France and headquartered in Paris. For more information, visit Alcatel-Lucent on: http://www.alcatel-lucent.com, read the latest posts on the Alcatel-Lucent blog http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/blog and follow the Company on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Alcatel_Lucent. SOURCE Alcatel-Lucent
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV