Among its currently approved cancer drugs, Kyprolis is Onyx's most important growth driver with 2018 consensus sales of $1.9 billion.
Kyprolis is currently approved in the U.S. as a treatment for multiple myeloma patients who no longer respond to other therapies, but Onyx is conducting clinical trials to demonstrate the drug's efficacy in patients with newly diagnosed cancer. The company also intends to get Kyprolis approved in Europe.
Importantly but perhaps overlooked by many investors, Onyx also gets an 8 percent royalty on future sales of an experimental and very exciting Pfizer (PFE) breast cancer drug known as palbociclib.
"The market opportunity for
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV