Heikkinen Wins First Career Gold Medal At Global Rallycross In X Games Munich
MUNICH, June 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Toomas Heikkinen won his first career X Games gold medal at today's Global Rallycross event at X Games Munich. Heikkinen beat Liam Doran and Tanner Foust for the victory.
"It felt good, and even right now it feels good," said Heikkinen. "I'm leading the championship right now, and we have to be happy."
Heikkinen swept the day's events, qualifying as the top seed and winning his heat race. He made the winning pass in the third turn of the first lap, muscling past Doran and holding on for the rest of the ten lap final.
"It was a hard race," said Doran. "Rallycross is always a battle, and I had a couple of hits, but it happens, you know? Silver's not bad at the end of the day, isn't it? Anyone else would be happy, so of course I'm happy."With 55 points, Heikkinen is the championship leader, holding a 12-point advantage on Doran and an 18-point lead over Foust. Ford leads the manufacturer's championship with 109 points. Global Rallycross will return to competition on July 11 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Travis Pastrana, who will return to the series after missing the X Games Munich rounds, won last year's event. About GRC Global Rallycross combines the best aspects of circuit racing, off-road racing and rally competition to deliver intense action in a variety of fan-friendly environments. Action sport stars including Travis Pastrana and Brian Deegan have described the sport as "motocross – with a roll cage." More information To find out more, including ticket sales, competitor information and registration details, visit www.global-rallycross.com Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GlobalRallyCross and follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/GlobalRallyX CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org +1 (213) 745.2123 SOURCE Global Rallycross
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV