Paul Dallenbach Sets New Time Attack Class Record At Pikes Peak HillClimb In Hyundai RMR Genesis Coupe Racer
PIKES PEAK, Colo., June 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Paul Dallenbach set a new world record in the Time Attack class at the 2013 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb on Sunday. The record was set with Dallenbach piloting the same Hyundai RMR Genesis Coupe that Rhys Millen used to set the all-time world record last year. Dallenbach set a furious pace to the summit, needing only 9:46.001 to make the full ascent.
"The Rhys Millen Racing-prepared
Genesis Coupe really complemented my aggressive driving style in setting the Time Attack world record," said Dallenbach. "With some very specific adjustments to the car this year giving a more neutral handling balance, I was able to even build upon last year's world record set by Millen. It was thrilling to drive a racer that made full use of my years of experience at Pikes Peak."
PAUL DALLENBACH Dallenbach is a veteran Pikes Peak racer who competed in the 2013 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb Time Attack 2WD class. He drove the same production-based Genesis Coupe that set last year's all-time world record with Rhys Millen at the helm. Paul is a local Colorado fan favorite, with a thoroughly impressive Pikes Peak resume, including six Pikes Peak class wins and three overall wins at the world's most prestigious hill climb. Paul, the younger brother of NASCAR Winston Cup Series driver Wally, was also the 1993 Pikes Peak Hill Climb Champion. His other victories include a three-time champion of the Alcan 5000 Rally.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV