AJC Welcomes Croatia's Membership In The European Union
NEW YORK, June 30, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- AJC congratulates Croatia on becoming the 28th member state of the European Union.
"This is wonderful news," said AJC Executive Director David Harris. "We have long been admirers of the ambitious vision of the EU's founders, against the backdrop of Europe's past wars, to create a zone of peace, open borders, enhanced commerce, and greater understanding. Croatia's membership now further expands that zone."
"We applaud Croatia for its remarkably successful journey during a relatively short time span—just over two decades—to reach this milestone occasion. It augurs well for the people of Croatia and for the Balkans. With the former Yugoslav republics of Slovenia and Croatia now part of the EU, as well as Bulgaria, Greece, and Romania, and others in the neighborhood seeking to follow suit, we can envision an entirely new era for this promising region, which in the past was too often synonymous with conflict and enmity."AJC has maintained close contact with officials in Zagreb, Croatia's capital, as well as with Croatian diplomats in the U.S., at the UN, and in Europe, and representatives of the Croatian Jewish community, which was profoundly devastated in the Second World War. SOURCE American Jewish Committee
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV