June 29, 2013
Select Upcoming Live Streams from the Aspen Ideas Festival:
- 12:00pm MDT / 2:00pm EDT - Kickstarter and the Economics of Creativity Perry Chen, Walter Isaacson http://www.youtube.com/user/AspenInstitute?v=3R7mTFHEs1k
- 2:00pm MDT / 4:00pm EDT - Afternoon of Conversation Elena Kagan, Eric Lander, Robert McDuffie, Anna Deavere Smith, Shabana Basij-Rasikh, Katie Couric, Dick Costolo, Jeffrey Rosen, Gabrielle Giffords, Mark Kelly, James G. Coulter, Beth A. Brooke, Eric Cantor, Ramesh Ponnuru http://www.youtube.com/user/AspenInstitute?v=8mJFjLlXE3U
A full schedule of live streams is available here:
Video of sessions from the start of the festival, including
Yo-Yo Ma in a Special Demonstration of "America the Beautiful
," available here:
. Transcripts of select sessions, including yesterday's
"Are We Safe?"
, are available here:
Also, catch today's episode of
The Aspen Institute Presents
broadcast from the Aspen Ideas Festival, exclusively on public television's WORLD Channel (worldchannel.org) at
. This episode will be available online a few hours before broadcast for media using the following link and password:
, password: worldaspen.
Quotes from the Festival Yesterday:
"The NRA misrepresents what the majority of their members support from a policy perspective. They certainly don't represent the four million people they claim to represent." --
"We're living in an age of an unprecedented chasm in income distribution, and we've been slow to notice." --
"In the old days, the power lay with content creators, who created programs to run at certain time. We're increasingly living in a time when the power is in the hands of consumers: they control where they see it, how they see it, and when they see it." --
"The majority of Pakistanis now think Malala is a Western conspiracy." --
The Ideas Report on TheAtlantic.com
More Festival coverage is also available from
which produces the Aspen Ideas Festival in partnership with the Aspen Institute.
Ideas Special Report
Full schedule available
- Video from the Aspen Ideas Festival
- A "Today at Aspen" photo gallery
- An #AspenIdeas Twitter feed
- Blog posts highlighting ideas from all sections of TheAtlantic.com, and responses to a new question they put to their readers each day.
Full-session video and clips will be featured on the Aspen Institute's
, iTunesU, and on the Aspen Institute's
. Follow the Ideas Festival on
, Tumblr, and
at @aspenideas with the hashtag #AspenIdeas.
SOURCE Aspen Ideas Festival