Daily Dispatch From The 2013 Aspen Ideas Festival: Saturday, June 29
ASPEN, Colo., June 29, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --
Select Upcoming Live Streams from the Aspen Ideas Festival:
- 12:00pm MDT / 2:00pm EDT - Kickstarter and the Economics of Creativity Perry Chen, Walter Isaacson http://www.youtube.com/user/AspenInstitute?v=3R7mTFHEs1k
- 2:00pm MDT / 4:00pm EDT - Afternoon of Conversation Elena Kagan, Eric Lander, Robert McDuffie, Anna Deavere Smith, Shabana Basij-Rasikh, Katie Couric, Dick Costolo, Jeffrey Rosen, Gabrielle Giffords, Mark Kelly, James G. Coulter, Beth A. Brooke, Eric Cantor, Ramesh Ponnuru http://www.youtube.com/user/AspenInstitute?v=8mJFjLlXE3U
A full schedule of live streams is available here: http://www.aspenideas.org/live-now.Video of sessions from the start of the festival, including Yo-Yo Ma in a Special Demonstration of "America the Beautiful," available here: http://www.aspenideas.org/latest-video. Transcripts of select sessions, including yesterday's "Are We Safe?" (pdf) with Jane Harman, Mike McConnell, James Fallows, and Elliot Gerson, are available here: http://www.aspenideas.org/content/2013-transcripts. Also, catch today's episode of The Aspen Institute Presents , broadcast from the Aspen Ideas Festival, exclusively on public television's WORLD Channel (worldchannel.org) at 9:00pm ET. This episode will be available online a few hours before broadcast for media using the following link and password: http://vimeopro.com/user5686209/the-aspen-institute-presents2, password: worldaspen. Quotes from the Festival Yesterday: "The NRA misrepresents what the majority of their members support from a policy perspective. They certainly don't represent the four million people they claim to represent." -- Dan Gross "We're living in an age of an unprecedented chasm in income distribution, and we've been slow to notice." -- Chrystia Freeland "In the old days, the power lay with content creators, who created programs to run at certain time. We're increasingly living in a time when the power is in the hands of consumers: they control where they see it, how they see it, and when they see it." -- Cesar Conde "The majority of Pakistanis now think Malala is a Western conspiracy." -- Shiza Shahid The Ideas Report on TheAtlantic.com More Festival coverage is also available from The Atlantic, which produces the Aspen Ideas Festival in partnership with the Aspen Institute. The Atlantic's " Ideas Special Report" includes:
- Video from the Aspen Ideas Festival
- A "Today at Aspen" photo gallery
- An #AspenIdeas Twitter feed
- Blog posts highlighting ideas from all sections of TheAtlantic.com, and responses to a new question they put to their readers each day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV