NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- We hear all the time that when (fill in the blank) speaks, people listen.
It is clear TheStreet's Jim Cramer fits into that category. After seeing the 33% surge in shares of TearLab> (TEAR) only a few days after Cramer discussed the company's prospects on national television, I realize I need to listen to him more intently.
While the med-tech space is not exactly new to me, for several reasons TearLab had fallen off my radar. But after Cramer's comments and the stock's immediate jump, the company's got my attention. Investors want to know if it's too late to profit.
Take a look at the chart below.Courtesy of Yahoo! Finance Over the past 12 months TEAR has been on a "tear," gaining as much as 345%. Given the company's strong fiscal first-quarter results (reported in May), there are no meaningful signs of slowing down. For those who are unfamiliar with this company; TEAR manufactures an industry-leading lab-on-a-stick system that helps in the diagnosis of dry-eye disease.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV