Kroll Bond Rating Agency (KBRA) announces the assignment of a BBB+ rating with a stable outlook to Prospect Capital Corporation, a Business Development Corporation (BDC) based in New York, NY. Prospect Capital Corporation makes loans and equity investments in middle-market companies for re-financings, leveraged buyouts and capital expenditures.
The BBB+ rating of Prospect Capital Corporation is supported by their majority senior secured position within their investment portfolio, strong leverage metrics that are well within the BDC limits, excellent asset quality performance to date and the quality of their credit originations and monitoring. Prospect Capital’s strong and stable management team and proven expertise in middle market lending is also a positive.
The rating was assigned using KBRA’s Finance Company Rating Methodology, published April 1, 2013. For more information, please visit www.kbra.com.
About Kroll Bond Rating AgencyKBRA was established in 2010 by Jules Kroll to restore trust in credit ratings by creating new standards for assessing risk and by offering accurate, clear and transparent ratings. KBRA is registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission as a Nationally Recognized Statistical Rating Organization (NRSRO). In addition, KBRA is recognized by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) as a Credit Rating Provider (CRP).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV