Wal-Mart Stores (WMT) pushed the Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Retail laggard. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Wal-Mart Stores fell $0.77 (-1.0%) to $74.49 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 12,892,080 shares of Wal-Mart Stores exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,555,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $74.45-$75.66 after having opened the day at $75.11 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $75.26. Other companies within the Retail industry that declined today were: QKL Stores (QKLS), down 5.1%, Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (NGVC), down 4.8%, Stein Mart (SMRT), down 4.2% and Weis Markets (WMK), down 3.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Wal-Mart Stores Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about WMT
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV