Goldcorp (GG) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 3.3%. By the end of trading, Goldcorp rose $1.94 (8.5%) to $24.73 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 13,897,981 shares of Goldcorp exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,825,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $22.44-$24.80 after having opened the day at $22.48 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.79. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: International Tower Hill Mines (THM), up 25.0%, Alexco Resource (AXU), up 23.0%, Sandstorm Gold (SAND), up 19.6% and Fortuna Silver Mines (FSM), up 18.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Goldcorp Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about GG
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV