Walter Energy Inc (WLT): Today's Featured Basic Materials Winner
Walter Energy (WLT) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Walter Energy rose $0.33 (3.3%) to $10.40 on average volume. Throughout the day, 10,338,600 shares of Walter Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,302,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $10.01-$10.46 after having opened the day at $10.07 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $10.07. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: International Tower Hill Mines (THM), up 25.0%, Alexco Resource (AXU), up 23.0%, Sandstorm Gold (SAND), up 19.6% and Fortuna Silver Mines (FSM), up 18.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Walter Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV