A new video about the San Clemente Dam removal project is out and online at California American Water’s YouTube Channel.
The video shows the Monterey region’s water supply history and the context in which the San Clemente Dam came into existence. It highlights the many benefits that dam’s removal will bestow upon the river and its surrounding environment.
The video features interviews with individuals who played pivotal roles in the process of bringing this project to fruition and they include:
- Sam Farr – U.S. Representative
- Bill Monning – California State Senator
- Mark Stone – California State Assemblymember
- Brian LeNeve - Carmel River Steelhead Association
- Roger McInnis – Regional Administrator for NOAA Fisheries
- Rob MacLean – President of California American Water
- Dave Potter – Monterey County Supervisor
- Samuel Schuchat – Executive Officer, California Coastal Conservancy
- John Laird – California Secretary for Natural Resources
It also demonstrates who removing the San Clemente Dam will restore access to 25 miles of spawning and rearing habitat, critical to the South Central California Coast Steelhead’s recovery. It goes on to demonstrate how the project will also benefit other threatened species like the California red-legged frog.The video entitled “New life on the Carmel River” can be fount at any of the following links: California American Water’s YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcpPC1qqwts California American Water’s homepage: http://www.amwater.com/caaw/ San Clemente Dam Removal website: http://www.sanclementedamremoval.org/ California American Water, a subsidiary of American Water (NYSE: AWK), provides high quality and reliable water and/or wastewater service to approximately 600,000 people. Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs approximately 6,700 dedicated professionals who provide drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 14 million people in more than 30 states, as well as parts of Canada. More information can be found by visiting www.californiaamwater.com
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts