Today Travelers, the Official Property Casualty Insurance Provider of the PGA TOUR, announced that the 2013 Travelers Championship has generated the most for charity since the company became the title sponsor. The tournament will generate more than $1.2 million this year as a result of support from the local community, golf fans from around the region and other sponsors.
The Travelers Championship contributes 100 percent of net proceeds to more than 100 local charities across New England including The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, an organization that provides a summer camp experience to children suffering from cancer and other serious illnesses.
“Last week was a tremendous success,” said Jay Fishman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Travelers Companies, Inc. “We had great weather, exciting golf, and we were able to generate a substantial amount for charities in the region. It is with the incredible support from the players, sponsors and the fans that we are able to provide so much to the community.”
During the closing ceremony, 2013 Travelers Championship winner Ken Duke announced that he would donate $25,000 of his winnings to the tournament’s charitable efforts.The Travelers Championship offers fundraising programs that allow for charities to utilize the tournament to raise funds. Additionally, Travelers and its employees annually participate in Birdies for Charity, a program that collects pledges for every birdie made during the Travelers Championship, to raise additional funds for the tournament's charities. Fishman added, “We would like to especially thank Tournament Director Nathan Grube and his staff for doing such an exceptional job. We look forward to next year’s tournament and the opportunity to further expand how it touches the community.” The 2014 Travelers Championship will be held June 16 - 22 at TPC River Highlands in Cromwell, Conn.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV