5 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks: MBT, BMR, PDM, HTS, BVN
Buenaventura Mining Company (NYSE: BVN) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.30%. Compa ia de Minas Buenaventura S.A.A., a precious metals company, engages in the exploration, mining, and processing of gold and silver in Peru. It also explores for other metals, including zinc, lead, and copper. The company has a P/E ratio of 6.63 The average volume for Buenaventura Mining Company has been 1,622,500 shares per day over the past 30 days Buenaventura Mining Company has a market cap of $3.4 billion and is part of the metals & mining industry Shares are down 61.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday TheStreet Ratings rates Buenaventura Mining Company as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BVN's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.05 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.45, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for MINAS BUENAVENTURA SA is rather high; currently it is at 52.90%. Regardless of BVN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BVN's net profit margin of 28.94% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- BVN, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 1.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.9%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- MINAS BUENAVENTURA SA has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MINAS BUENAVENTURA SA reported lower earnings of $2.69 versus $3.38 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 27.1% in earnings ($1.96 versus $2.69).
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $70.14 million or 48.42% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Buenaventura Mining Company Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV