CALGARY, June 28, 2013 /CNW/ - (TSX: L) - Thanks to the efforts of the customers and teams from Real Canadian Superstore ®, Extra Foods ®, Your Independent Grocer ® , nofrills ®, Shop Easy ® and Wholesale Clubs ® across Alberta more than $300,000 in cash and products has been donated in support of Alberta flood relief efforts.
Since June 21, Loblaw Companies has donated products such as water, and its President's Choice ® EAT FLEET food trucks have been providing food to local shelters like the Blackie Evacuation Shelter and Village Square Leisure Centre Shelter in Calgary. More water, canned food and essential baby care supplies will be delivered to the Canadian Red Cross as part of their mass distribution planned on Saturday, June 29.
"We would like to express our gratitude for the efforts of our customers and employees. Since last Friday, more than $180,000 has been raised in-store," said Gordon Chem, executive vice-president, Real Canadian Superstore ® and Extra Foods ®, Western Canada, Loblaw Companies Limited. "Our employees have also been generous with their time from volunteering at shelters, shipping product, supplying trucks, working at the Canadian Red Cross distribution centres and supporting their fellow team members impacted by the flooding."
"The Red Cross is working across southern Alberta to provide urgent relief to families affected by the flooding," said Conrad Sauvé, secretary general and CEO of the Canadian Red Cross. "We are grateful to Loblaw for making it easier for Canadians to support relief and recovery operations in flood-affected communities."The Loblaw's team will continue to work with the Canadian Red Cross to identify where they need help the most.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV