FAIRFAX, Va., June 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems announced that it has attained the Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level 5 rating. CMMI is a business strategy tool that provides guidance to effectively and efficiently improve processes across the organization. A CMMI Level 5 appraisal indicates that processes are controlled and measured and undergo continuous improvement. General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems is a business unit of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD).
"We are committed to helping our customers achieve mission success while managing program costs," said Mike Tweed-Kent, vice president and general manager of General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems Mission Integration Systems division. "As a CMMI Level 5 integrator, we establish, maintain and advance processes across multiple disciplines to improve productivity, enhance quality, foster innovation, strengthen our competitive advantage and help our customers reduce risk and accelerate time to mission."
Under the CMMI methodology, processes are rated according to maturity levels on a five-point scale. With a CMMI Level 5 rating, General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems' Mission Integration Systems division received the highest appraisal indicating that it continually improves its processes based on a quantitative understanding of its business objectives and performance needs.
For more information about General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems, please visit www.gd-ais.com.More information about General Dynamics is available online at www.generaldynamics.com. SOURCE General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV