JUNO BEACH, Fla., June 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NextEra Energy, Inc., (NYSE: NEE) President and CEO Jim Robo issued the following statement following the announcement that President Obama has nominated Ron Binz as the next chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission:
"President Obama has made a superb choice in nominating Ron Binz as the next chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. Ron is a proven leader who recognizes the need for diversity in the U.S. electricity supply and understands our country needs smart policies to modernize the grid to match up with today's changing energy mix. Ron has served effectively as chairman of the Colorado Public Utilities Commission and as an active member of the National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners. His record of achievement would serve the country well in leading the FERC."
"Ron would assume leadership at FERC during a period of enormous change for America's electric utilities. Our companies are addressing such challenges as grid adequacy, cybersecurity and extreme weather events. Strong leadership at FERC will help our industry meet these challenges. Our company looks forward to working with Ron should the United States Senate confirm his nomination."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV