JUNO BEACH, Fla., June 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NextEra Energy, Inc., (NYSE: NEE) President and CEO Jim Robo issued the following statement following the announcement that President Obama has nominated Ron Binz as the next chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission:
"President Obama has made a superb choice in nominating Ron Binz as the next chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. Ron is a proven leader who recognizes the need for diversity in the U.S. electricity supply and understands our country needs smart policies to modernize the grid to match up with today's changing energy mix. Ron has served effectively as chairman of the Colorado Public Utilities Commission and as an active member of the National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners. His record of achievement would serve the country well in leading the FERC."
"Ron would assume leadership at FERC during a period of enormous change for America's electric utilities. Our companies are addressing such challenges as grid adequacy, cybersecurity and extreme weather events. Strong leadership at FERC will help our industry meet these challenges. Our company looks forward to working with Ron should the United States Senate confirm his nomination."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV