TORONTO, June 28, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Atrium Mortgage Investment Corporation (TSX:AI) ("Atrium") today reported that its mortgage portfolio has not been affected by the floods in Calgary and southern Alberta.
Atrium has mortgages on five properties in Alberta, none of which have been directly affected by the floods. The mortgages outstanding have a book value of $19.6 million, representing 7.4% of the company's total mortgage portfolio at June 28, 2013.
Dan Stewart, Atrium's Managing Director for Alberta, stated, "We feel deeply for those who have suffered injuries, or lost their homes or businesses due to the floods. Fortunately, none of the properties included as collateral for our mortgages have been damaged."About Atrium As a mortgage investment corporation, Atrium is a non-bank provider of residential and commercial mortgages that lends in major urban centres in Canada where the stability and liquidity of real estate are high. Atrium's objectives are to provide its shareholders with stable and secure dividends and preserve shareholders' equity by lending within conservative risk parameters.
CONTACT: For further information, please contact Atrium Mortgage Investment Corporation Robert G. Goodall President and Chief Executive Officer Atrium Mortgage Investment Corporation Jeffrey D. Sherman Chief Financial Officer (416) 607-4200 email@example.com www.atriummic.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV