FedEx Freight, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), has selected eight fleet maintenance technicians to represent the company at the industry-wide SuperTech competition. The technicians earned their spots through a company-wide skills contest known as Top Wrench.
Eight fleet maintenance technicians will represent FedEx Freight at the national TMC SuperTech 2013 competition in September. (Photo: Business Wire)
The finalists had the best results from among more than 700 FedEx Freight fleet maintenance technicians who participated in Top Wrench. The technicians faced multiple rounds of competition, including written exams and hands-on skill challenges that tested the technicians’ knowledge of drive trains, engine electronics, brakes, preventative maintenance and more.
“Our Top Wrench competition showcases the skills our dedicated technicians use every day to ensure that we have one of the best-maintained and safest fleets in the industry,” said John Smith, vice president of Safety, Fleet Maintenance and Facility Services. “I’m proud to have our top technicians represent FedEx Freight at the national level.”
FedEx Freight Top Wrench winners include:
- First place: Mark McLean, Jr. – Newburgh, N.Y.
- Second place: Eric Vos – Boise, Idaho
- Third place: Derek Southerland – Knoxville, Tenn.
- Fourth place: Jeff Ostby – Spokane, Wash.
- Fifth place: Mitchell Buelow – Fremont, Ind.
- Sixth place: Chuck Kerr – San Antonio, Texas
- Seventh place: Matthew Nolan – Hartford, Conn.
- Eighth place: Jonathan Berg – Minneapolis, Minn.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV