DGSE Companies, Inc. (NYSE MKT: DGSE), a leading wholesaler and retailer of jewelry, diamonds, fine watches, and precious metal bullion and rare coin products, today announced that it has opened a Dallas Gold & Silver Exchange retail location in Garland, Texas. This location, which represents DGSE’s ninth store in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, now provides the Company complete east-west coverage of the area. It also represents the company’s second new store opening during 2013, following the opening of its Southern Bullion Coin & Jewelry store in Cummings, Georgia in April. The company has also taken a hard look at its existing store locations, and made the difficult decision to close two Southern Bullion locations this year, which brings its total number of stores to 34 in seven states.
James Vierling, chief executive officer and chairman of the board, stated, “In the past year, we have focused primarily on opening new stores in the regions where we already have an existing presence. This allows us to better leverage advertising dollars, staffing, merchandising and management and will drive incremental traffic to markets in which we are already well recognized. This new store fits that strategy perfectly, increasing our presence both in Garland and throughout the DFW metro area, and as such, we expect this store to reach profitability faster than opening a store in a completely new market.”
The new store is located at 6226 Broadway Blvd, Suite 110, in Garland, Texas, 75043.
Garland, a part of the Dallas–Fort Worth Metroplex, is the 12th most populous city in the state of Texas and has a population of approximately 227,000 as of 2010. In 2008, Garland was ranked #67 on CNN and Money magazine's list of the "Top 100 Places to Live.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV