Computer aftermarket seller CDW also priced its IPO below expectations at $17, at the low end of the range of $17 to $18. Initially, the company had planned to price its shares at between $20 and $23, but lowered its expectations a day before going public.
Private equity sponsors Madison Dearborn Partners LLC and Providence Equity Partners Inc. did not sell shares, but their stake will be diluted. Madison Dearborn's stake decreased from 45.9% to 39.6% and Providence's stake went from 40.6% to 35%.
At the IPO price of $17, Madison Dearborn's 66.7 million shares are valued at $1.13 billion and Providence's 59 million shares are valued at $1 billion. Underwriters have an option to purchase nearly 3.5 million shares.
Vernon Hills, Ill.-based CDW was taken private by its private equity sponsors in May 2007 for $7.38 billion. The sponsors invested $2.4 billion in equity and financed $4.98 billion with debt, The Daily Deal previously reported.CDW posted adjusted EBITDA of $766.6 million on net sales of $10.1 billion in 2012, up from adjusted EBITDA of $717.3 million on net sales of $9.6 billion in 2011. Lead underwriters for HD Supply's offering are Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Barclays plc (BCS), JPMorgan Securities LLC and Credit Suisse Group (CS). Lead underwriters for CDW's offering are JPMorgan (JPM), Barclays and Goldman, Sachs & Co. (GS). Written by Richard Collings and Taina Rosa
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV