Aflac (AFL) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.4%. By the end of trading, Aflac rose $0.94 (1.6%) to $58.20 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,734,246 shares of Aflac exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,124,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $57.41-$58.32 after having opened the day at $57.64 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $57.26. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: National Security Group (NSEC), up 6.8%, Radian Group (RDN), up 5.3%, United Fire Group (UFCS), up 5.2% and MGIC Investment Corporation (MTG), up 4.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Aflac Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about AFL
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV