Actavis Inc (ACT): Today's Featured Drugs Winner
Actavis (ACT) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Actavis rose $2.57 (2.1%) to $125.86 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,627,498 shares of Actavis exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,652,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $123.70-$126.47 after having opened the day at $123.92 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $123.29. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: ZIOPHARM Oncology (ZIOP), up 16.2%, Cytokinetics (CYTK), up 11.1%, Intercept Pharmaceuticals (ICPT), up 9.8% and Zalicus (ZLCS), up 9.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Actavis Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV