InterContinental Hotels Group ( IHG) [LON: IHG, NYSE:IHG (ADRs)], one of the world’s largest hotel companies, today announced the opening of the 122-room Holiday Inn® Hotel Guayaquil Airport in Guayaquil, Ecuador. The seven-story new-build hotel is adjacent to the José Joaquín de Olmedo International Airport, and is the second IHG ®-branded hotel for Ecuador, with the first being the Holiday Inn Express® Quito, located in Ecuador’s capital city of Quito.
Holiday Inn(R)Guayaquil Airport Hotel marks first IHG(R)-branded hotel in Guayaquil and second hotel in Ecuador. (Photo: Business Wire)
“The addition of the Holiday Inn Guayaquil Airport hotel is in line with IHG’s strategy to expand our portfolio in all key markets across the region,” said Alvaro Diago, chief operating officer, Latin America and the Caribbean, IHG. “ Guayaquil is an ideal location as it attracts both business and leisure travelers. We are also excited to partner with BPO Asesores Empresariales S.A. on this property and look forward to continuing our relationship with them.” The ownership recently announced plans for the Holiday Inn Quito Airport hotel, scheduled to debut in 2016.
Guayaquil is Ecuador’s main port and economic hub. The city boasts significant regional influence in commercial, financial and cultural activities, is an important center for Ecuador's manufacturing industries and home to key business enterprises. The hotel is also close to the city’s convention center and main business area.
“We are thrilled to have opened a Holiday Inn in such a wonderful city,” said Gerardo Murray, vice president, Marketing Strategic Services for Mexico, Latin America and Caribbean, IHG. “Guayaquil lures both business and leisure travelers alike, and the hotel's proximity to the city’s convention center, downtown, main business area and shopping venues make it ideal."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV