NEW YORK, June 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Delta Air Lines' (NYSE: DAL) shareholders today voted to re-elect all 14 director nominees to the airline's Board of Directors, among other items, at the company's annual meeting.
All 14 of Delta's returning directors received a substantial majority of the votes cast. In addition, according to the official vote tabulation, shareholders:
- Approved an advisory vote on Delta's executive compensation with more than 99 percent of votes cast in favor of the compensation package.
- Ratified the appointment of Ernst & Young LLP as independent auditors for the year ended Dec. 31, 2013, with more than 99 percent of votes cast in favor of ratification.
- Defeated a proposal regarding an executive stock retention requirement, with the proposal receiving less than 19 percent of votes cast.
"Our strategy is working, and we have the momentum as we continue on the path to becoming the airline of choice for our customers, employees and shareholders," Delta CEO Richard Anderson told attendees at the meeting.Some of Delta's accomplishments so far this year include:
- Opening a new world-class Terminal 4 at New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport as part of a $1.4 billion redevelopment project at JFK.
- Closing a deal to purchase a 49 percent stake in Virgin Atlantic, which will allow for a trans-Atlantic joint venture between the airlines on nonstop flights between North America and the United Kingdom.
- Announcing a comprehensive financial plan that includes a program to return $1 billion to shareholders over the next three years via a stock dividend and repurchase program and continued efforts to reduce debt.
- Rewarding employees with $372 million in profit-sharing payments.
- Being named the World's Most Admired Airline by Fortune magazine for the second time in three years.
- Reporting the company's strongest first-quarter profit in more than a decade.
- Significantly improving operations, with improvements in on-time performance, cancellations and customer complaints.
- Continued investment in the airline's on-board service, with installation of full flat-bed seats in BusinessElite on nearly 40 percent of its widebody aircraft.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV