"We're looking for productive, creative, and innovative young scientists who are not afraid to think outside the box," said Susan Croll, Ph.D., a Regeneron scientist who directs the postdoctoral program at Regeneron. "The results of their research proposal should have the potential to drive biomedicine forward."
Ten finalists were invited to Regeneron in April to meet with scientists, give presentations about their proposals, and tour the Company's facilities. The two winning trainees will each receive $50,000, and the institutions nominating the two winners will each receive a $5,000 donation to support their seminar series. The remaining finalists will each be awarded $5,000, except for the two recipients of "Honorable Mentions," who will each receive $10,000.
"Regeneron is proud to support and encourage early career scientists as they forge their futures in biomedicine. To build the pipeline of promising new treatments for unmet medical needs, we must also develop the pipeline of talented new medical researchers," concluded Dr. Croll.
About Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company based in Tarrytown, New York, that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets medicines for eye diseases, colorectal cancer, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including hypercholesterolemia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, allergic asthma, and atopic dermatitis. The Company was ranked by Science magazine as the top employer in the global biopharmaceutical industry in 2012. For additional information about the company, please visit www.regeneron.com.Contact Information: Peter Dworkin Corporate Communications 914.847.7640 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV