TARRYTOWN, N.Y., June 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: REGN) today announced the first recipients of the Regeneron Prize for Creative Innovation, a new initiative designed to acknowledge, reward, and foster talented early-career scientists.
"We are excited to offer the Regeneron Prize for Creative Innovation to scientists who are beginning their research careers and show great promise," said George Yancopoulos, M.D., Ph.D., Founding Scientist, President, Regeneron Laboratories, and Chief Scientific Officer, who designed the program as a way to identify and track developing scientific talent. "We believe this program demonstrates the Company's commitment to supporting science education and research excellence."
Regeneron is awarding two prizes for outstanding research this year.
- The Regeneron Prize for Creative Innovation by a Postdoctoral Fellow has been awarded to Chuan Wu, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard University.
- The Regeneron Prize for Creative Innovation by a Graduate Student has been awarded to Cody Gilleland, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Additionally, this year Regeneron is recognizing two graduate student researchers with Honorable Mentions: Daria Zamolodchikov, Rockefeller University and Lukasz Bugaj, University of California at Berkeley.Requests for applicants were distributed to key academic institutions around the nation in February. Each institution was asked to nominate two graduate students and two postdoctoral fellows. A key component of each application was a proposal, drafted by the nominee, explaining a "dream" project in biomedical research. This proposal gave the review committee at Regeneron insights into the nominee's creativity and ability to think independently as a scientist. Each nominee also included a curriculum vitae and list of publications; the trainee's productivity in his or her current laboratory also factored into the review committee's decision.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV