IndexIQ, a leading developer of liquid alternative investment solutions, today announced June 2013 income distributions for the IQ US Real Estate Small Cap ETF (NYSE Arca: ROOF). Shareholders of record on June 26, 2013 will receive cash distributions paid on June 28, 2013 of $0.34284 per share.
The yield on the index underlying ROOF (IQ US Real Estate Small Cap Index) is 6.44% as of June 24, 2013.
“Performance among both small-cap and large-cap REITs took a big hit at the start of the financial crisis in 2007, but since 2009, REITs have seen an overall performance resurgence, said Adam Patti, CEO of IndexIQ. “In today’s environment, investors are hungry for income producing assets. With ROOF, ETF investors now have the potential to capture a robust income stream and significant capital appreciation by isolating small cap US real estate exposure; and they can do this in a transparent, liquid way.” * Patti added, “Investors can use ROOF as a complement to one of the large-cap REIT ETFs in the market given the lack of portfolio overlap, or as a standalone allocation in lieu of large-cap exposure given the potential diversification benefits of small-caps, the higher yield, and the potential for greater capital appreciation in the future, which is typical when comparing small caps to large caps in most sectors. Additionally, as REITs often look to acquisitions for growth, these small cap REITs are well positioned to become acquisition targets for the large REITs.”
The IndexIQ family of investment products includes ETFs, mutual funds, separately managed accounts, and model portfolios. The firm’s industry “firsts” include:Absolute Return ETFs and Mutual Fund
- IQ Hedge Multi-Strategy Tracker ETF (NYSE Arca: QAI), the first hedge fund style ETF and the industry’s largest liquid alternative exchange-traded fund, with assets over $400 million;
- IQ Hedge Macro Tracker ETF (NYSE Arca: MCRO), the first Global Macro/Emerging Markets hedge fund replication ETF;
- IQ Hedge Market Neutral Tracker (NYSE Arca: QMN), the first ETF designed to provide exposure to Market Neutral hedge fund performance characteristics ;
- IQ Merger Arbitrage ETF (NYSE Arca: MNA), the first merger arbitrage ETF;
- IQ Real Return ETF (NYSE Arca: CPI), the first US-listed “real return” ETF, which seeks to generate a real return above the rate of inflation as measured by changes in the Consumer Price Index and to provide an inflation hedging alternative to TIPS;
- IQ Alpha Hedge Strategy Fund (IQHIX – Institutional Share Class; IQHOX – Investor Share Class), the first open-end, no-load hedge fund replication mutual fund;
- IQ Global Resources ETF (NYSE Arca: GRES), the first hedged global natural resources ETF and the broadest commodities equity ETF on the market;
- IQ Global Agribusiness Small Cap ETF (NYSE Arca: CROP), the first agribusiness small cap ETF;
- IQ Global Oil Small Cap ETF (NYSE Arca: IOIL), the first global oil small cap ETF;
- IQ US Real Estate Small Cap ETF (NYSE Arca: ROOF), the first US Real Estate Small Cap ETF;
- IQ Canada Small Cap ETF (NYSE Arca: CNDA) , the first Canada small cap ETF; and
- IQ Australia Small Cap ETF (NYSE Arca: KROO), the first Australia small cap ETF.