International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (NYSE: IFF), a leading global creator of flavors and fragrances for consumer products, announced the publication of its latest annual sustainability report, detailing its ongoing commitment to corporate, social and environmental responsibility. The report, Moving Forward, describes IFF’s accomplishments in the area of sustainability for its worldwide operations for the calendar year 2012.
“I believe we are on the right path to create a lasting influence over how we do business by keeping the Triple Bottom Line in the forefront of our thinking,” said Doug Tough, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “By working on a global level, we consistently focus on our goals to reduce carbon emissions, waste, energy and water use by 20+ percent by 2020.”
Nicolas Mirzayantz, Group President, Fragrances and the Company’s Executive Sustainability Champion, said “There’s a well-known proverb – if you want to go fast, go alone; if you want to go far, go together. By working with our employees, customers, suppliers and communities we are actively moving forward and making a difference together, as evidenced by the significant progress we made in 2012 in executing our sustainability strategy.”
The report describes the progress IFF has made in each of its four sustainability pillars, which are closely aligned with the Company’s long-term business strategy:
- Our Products: Creating innovative customer solutions
- Our Impact: Strengthening our eco-efficiency and community relationships
- Our Sources: Sourcing responsibly
- Our People: Engaging and inspiring our employees
- The continuing reduction of carbon emissions, waste, energy and water use.
- The introduction of Natural Ethics Vanilla™, which ensures the purchase of vanilla from farmers who adhere to strict sustainability guidelines.
- The formal adoption of green chemistry principles and green chemistry training.
- Doubled the number of IFF’s major suppliers registered with Supplier Ethical Data Exchange (SEDEX).
- Expanded Health & Wellness initiatives such as the introduction of a new umbrella brand, FlavorFit™.
- The expansion of a pioneering olfactotherapy treatment program, which uses fragrance to help patients regain memories and speech ability after trauma or coma.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV