International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (NYSE: IFF), a leading global creator of flavors and fragrances for consumer products, announced the publication of its latest annual sustainability report, detailing its ongoing commitment to corporate, social and environmental responsibility. The report, Moving Forward, describes IFF’s accomplishments in the area of sustainability for its worldwide operations for the calendar year 2012.
“I believe we are on the right path to create a lasting influence over how we do business by keeping the Triple Bottom Line in the forefront of our thinking,” said Doug Tough, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “By working on a global level, we consistently focus on our goals to reduce carbon emissions, waste, energy and water use by 20+ percent by 2020.”
Nicolas Mirzayantz, Group President, Fragrances and the Company’s Executive Sustainability Champion, said “There’s a well-known proverb – if you want to go fast, go alone; if you want to go far, go together. By working with our employees, customers, suppliers and communities we are actively moving forward and making a difference together, as evidenced by the significant progress we made in 2012 in executing our sustainability strategy.”
The report describes the progress IFF has made in each of its four sustainability pillars, which are closely aligned with the Company’s long-term business strategy:
- Our Products: Creating innovative customer solutions
- Our Impact: Strengthening our eco-efficiency and community relationships
- Our Sources: Sourcing responsibly
- Our People: Engaging and inspiring our employees
- The continuing reduction of carbon emissions, waste, energy and water use.
- The introduction of Natural Ethics Vanilla™, which ensures the purchase of vanilla from farmers who adhere to strict sustainability guidelines.
- The formal adoption of green chemistry principles and green chemistry training.
- Doubled the number of IFF’s major suppliers registered with Supplier Ethical Data Exchange (SEDEX).
- Expanded Health & Wellness initiatives such as the introduction of a new umbrella brand, FlavorFit™.
- The expansion of a pioneering olfactotherapy treatment program, which uses fragrance to help patients regain memories and speech ability after trauma or coma.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV