HOUSTON, June 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CenterPoint Energy, Inc. (NYSE: CNP) today announces that C. Gregory Harper, senior vice president and group president of CenterPoint Energy's midstream business, has withdrawn his name from consideration for the chief executive officer role of the new midstream partnership and will depart the company effective June 30, 2013.
"Under Greg's leadership, our midstream business has experienced significant success," said David M. McClanahan, president and chief executive officer of CenterPoint Energy. "I want to personally thank him for his contributions and wish him well in his future endeavors."
CenterPoint Energy, Inc., headquartered in Houston, Texas, is a domestic energy delivery company that includes electric transmission & distribution, natural gas distribution and competitive natural gas sales and services operations. The company serves more than five million metered customers primarily in Arkansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Texas. The company also owns a 58.3 percent limited partner interest in a midstream partnership it jointly controls with OGE Energy Corp. with operations in major natural gas and liquids-rich producing areas of Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas and Louisiana. With more than 8,700 employees, CenterPoint Energy and its predecessor companies have been in business for more than 135 years. For more information, visit the website at www.CenterPointEnergy.com.For more information contact Media: Leticia Lowe Phone 713.207.7702 Investors: Carla Kneipp Phone 713.207.6500 SOURCE CenterPoint Energy, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV