BAE Systems Will Provide Engineering And Technical Services In Support Of The Design, Manufacturing, Installation, Testing And Product Improvements For The U.S. Navy's Mk 41 Vertical Launching System. (Photo: BAE Systems)
BAE Systems has received a $91.4 million contract from the U.S. Navy to provide engineering and technical services in support of the design, manufacturing, installation, testing and product improvements for the Mk 41 Vertical Launching System (VLS).
"This contract and our long history on this program demonstrates our sought after expertise in developing superior products for our sailors and is a testament to the overall effectiveness of the Mk 41 Vertical Launching System," said Chris Hughes, vice president and general manager of Weapon Systems at BAE Systems.
BAE Systems’ engineers will develop technical solutions for new canister and missile integration as well as launcher improvements to meet emerging threats to the U.S. Navy fleet. The contract also includes work on the design of canister and launcher mechanical efforts, as well as continued work for the support of the Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense Program, development of the Mk 29 canister and Aegis Ashore systems.
As the Navy's Mk 41 VLS Mechanical Design Agent, BAE Systems has more than 30 years of experience in the development, production and support of this system for naval forces throughout the world. The Mk 41 VLS is a highly survivable system located below a naval ship’s armored deck and is adaptable to accommodate the latest weapon types to meet new mission requirements.The contract provides an overall financial ceiling and will be incrementally funded with approximately $6.3 million being funded with the initial award. The work will continue through December 2016 and will be performed at BAE Systems’ Minneapolis, Minnesota facility.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV