PASCAGOULA, Miss., June 27, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- An information technology employee at Huntington Ingalls Industries' (NYSE:HII) Ingalls Shipbuilding division was recently featured as a "Role Model of the Week" on the Great Minds in STEM website. Robert Dominguez, lead database administrator (DBA) and database architect at Ingalls, was recognized for his efforts in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://media.globenewswire.com/hii/mediagallery.html?pkgid=19625
The Great Minds in STEM Role Model of the Week is an online feature that highlights Hispanic engineers, scientists and technologists in academia, industry, military and the government. Selected from hundreds of nominees submitted for the annual Hispanic Engineer National Achievement Awards Corporation (HENAAC) awards, the role models are recognized for their innovation and advancement of technological capacity in their various STEM fields."As lead database administrator for Ingalls Shipbuilding, Rob has daily responsibility of all DBAs and their statement of work to support Ingalls," said John Franovich, Ingalls' manager of software development. "Rob exemplifies a subservient leader and leads by example. He is always mentoring younger DBAs in addition to his daily DBA responsibilities. Rob is a pleasure to work with and a great asset to Ingalls." Dominguez has had an accomplished career in several STEM positions. Acting as contributor, manager, lead technologist and consultant throughout his career, Dominguez has more than 25 years of experience in systems architecture. With a bachelor's degree in computer science from University of South Alabama, he has become a leader in STEM both at Ingalls and in the Hispanic community. In 2012, Dominguez was honored with a HENAAC Luminary Award, an award that recognizes STEM leaders who initiate key programs and research in their companies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV