Dish, which dropped its pursuit of Sprint (S) earlier this year, has suddenly found itself without a wireless option -- or has it?
According to Nolter, Dish might now look at going after T-Mobile, combining its wireless spectrum portfolio. If Dish went after T-Mobile and successfully acquired it, it may look to spin off its Dish TV business segment, creating a mature, cash-generating business that would attract new investors.
Nolter also suggested the possibility of Dish combining with DirecTV (DTV), creating a giant satellite dish company with a huge customer base.Although it has currently dropped its wireless pursuit over Sprint and Clearwire, one thing is for certain: Dish still has plenty of options on its plate, said Nolter. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV